Corporate Blogging Survey 2005
 
BACKBONE CORPORATE BLOGGING SURVEY 2005
 
 

« Building a successful website | Main | Blogs: Foundational Tools for Network Building »

September 16, 2005

AOL's Consumer Blogging Survey Demonstrates Some Benefits For Corporate Blogging

AOL’s new survey on consumer bloggers gives some insight for marketing and corporate bloggers about the value of blogging for companies.

-- Fifty-four percent like to share their thoughts and feelings with others, and 43% like to chronicle their life and interests.

-- In times of need or high anxiety, one-out-of-three people (31%) say they turn to either writing in their blog or reading the blogs of other people who are experiencing similar issues; that's six times as many people who prefer to seek help and counseling from a professional (5%). The No. 1 answer was seeking advice from family and friends: 32% vs. 31% who turn to blogs.

It’s need of consumers to share and collaborative with others that should be of greatest interest to marketing and corporate bloggers. I was especially interested to read the statistic “(31%) say they turn to either writing in their blog or reading the blogs of other people who are experiencing similar issues; that's six times as many people who prefer to seek help and counseling from a professional (5%).? One interesting question is why people prefer to turn to other bloggers and fellow consumers compared to professionals. I think it’s a matter of credibility. And if you believe Keller and Berry as they stated in their influential book, “the influentials,? 10% of a population through active engagement in their community will influence the other 90% of a population, and bloggers are influential in their community a company should be interacting with consumer bloggers that discuss issues related to their industry in order to converse with those influential bloggers.

Thanks Peter

Posted by johncass at September 16, 2005 5:41 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://tmpmt.backbonemedia.com/mt2/mt-tb.cgi/230

Comments

Post a comment




Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)



Type the characters you see in the picture above.

Subscribe to This Entry
Subscribe to This Category
Subscribe to This Blog

About Us
Recent Entries
Search
Categories
Archives
 




Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Powered by
Movable Type 3.33